Category Archives: Film
TRUCK FARM rang in the new year with a January 6th screening at Sunset Beach Elementary on Oahu’s North Shore. The screening was presented by the Kokua Hawaii Foundation, local literacy mascot Rex the Surf Dog, and ‘AINA Kine Student Farmer’s Market, as part of a terrific event that included a visit by the Windward Nazarene Academy Truck Farm, kid-friendly gardening activities, tours of the Sunset Beach school garden, and a special performance by Truck Farm songwriter Simon Beins with local musician Jack Johnson. It was a blast! Heartfelt thanks to our hosts for organizing the event.
There are opportunities far and wide to see TRUCK FARM in the days ahead:
- Thursday, October 6, at the Pickford Center in Bellingham, WA (also showing THE CITY DARK)
- Thursday, October 13, at the Environmental Film Festival Melbourne, AUS (also showing THE CITY DARK)
- Saturday, October 15, at the Feast on This Film Festival in Keene, NH
- Sunday, October 16, at the Food Film Festival, NYC
Thanks to our warm TRUCK FARM (and THE CITY DARK) audiences and hosts at the recent Port Townsend Film Festival! A true highlight of the festival weekend was a visit from Truck Farm Seattle. Kathy and Todd drove two hours to Port Townsend in their 1972 Ford truck farm, and, thanks to an ingenious piece of plywood that doubles as a mural, the veggies survived!
Check the TRUCK FARM Facebook page for more photos from this terrific visit. Kathy and Todd, so glad you came!
Before the sun went down, the Wicked Delicate team visited the beautiful Moscow Community Garden for the Co-op’s Harvest Celebration Picnic, featuring plenty of burgers, brats, and amazing kale salad from the Co-op; friendly local farmers and growers and good-food fans; and live music from singer/songwriter Charlie Sutton.
Huge thanks to host Carol Spurling and the Moscow community for welcoming TRUCK FARM!
A few chances to see TRUCK FARM are coming up in the next week. Check our Screenings Calendar for details and updates!
- Thursday, September 15, at Back Row Film Series, presented by the Arts and Education Council of Chattanooga (TN)
- Monday, September 19, at the Danny Kaye Theatre of the Culinary Institute of America (NY)
- Wednesday, September 21, at the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre, presented by Community Food Works and co-sponsored by Backyard Harvest and the Moscow Food Co-op (ID)
- Saturday, September 24, with appearance by Ian, at the Port Townsend Film Festival (WA)
TRUCK FARM is making the rounds! The film has been showing at all kinds of venues (tonight, catch it at the Schlafly Bottleworks in Missouri), paired with terrific outreach efforts by local organizations and even some appearances by members of our Truck Farm fleet. Go, truck farmers!
The film screened earlier this month in Washington, DC, as part of an event called Urban Agriculture on the Move, sponsored by the Neighborhood Farm Initiative, a DC-based non-profit serving as an educational resource for adults and teenagers working to engage in small-scale food production.
Folks from the DC Central Kitchen were on hand to give a peek at DC’s own truck farm, and to discuss different ways urban agriculture brings fresh food to city-dwellers. Representatives from the Neighborhood Farm Initiative discussed ways they’ve reclaimed underutilized green spaces.
If this sparks some ideas about your own community screening, get in touch! And if you’ve been to a TRUCK FARM screening in your community, we’d love to see (and share) your photos! Send them along to [email protected]
(More photos from the DC event here. Photo credit: Laura Buitrago)
A few chances to see TRUCK FARM are coming up next week. Check our Screenings Calendar for details and updates!
- Monday, August 22, at FilmBar Phoenix, presented by Desert Urban Gardens and Truck Farm Phoenix (AZ)
- Wednesday, August 24, at Schlafly Bottleworks,presented by the St.Louis Truck Farm (MO)
- Thursday, August 25, during MountainFilm Aspen (CO)
- Saturday, August 27, at the Box Factory Community Centre in Adelaide, Australia, presented by Friends of the Earth
A few chances to see TRUCK FARM are coming up!
- Saturday, August 6, during the Rural Route Film Festival, Museum of the Moving Image (NY)
- Wednesday, August 10, during the Martha’s Vineyard Film Festival Cinema Circus, Chilmark Community Center (MA)
- Thursday, August 11, during Urban Agriculture on the Move: A Film and Food Event, Letelier Theater (DC)
- August 11-14, during the Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival (AZ)
Since its world premiere at the Wild & Scenic Film Festival in January 2011, TRUCK FARM has been honored by some great awards. Thanks to all who have watched and voted so far!
- Jury Honorable Mention - Wild & Scenic Film Festival
- Jury Award and Audience Award - Green Film Festival in Seoul
- Best Green Film - Cape Fear Independent Film Festival
- Most Uplifting Film - Cinema Verde Environmental Film Festival
- Official Selection - Mountainfilm in Telluride, Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital